Student Enrollment Information
This office is located at 125 Main Street (Town Hall) , East Greenwich on the lower level.
The mailing address remains 111 Peirce Street, East Greenwich, RI 02818
- Computer Use And Access To The Internet
- Internet Safety Policy
- High School Chrome Book Loan Agreement
- Rhode Island Immunization Requirements for Kindergarten
- Rhode Island Childhood Immunization Schedule
- School Attendance Elementary Areas
- Student Enrollment Package
- Student Ignition Instructions
- Voluntary Worth Avenue Group Form - Insurance
Welcome to East Greenwich!
In cooperation with the community’s effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, Student Registration will be done via email until further notice. All paperwork should be emailed to Wendy Smith at email@example.com.
Please include all required documents.
The following documents are required before a child can be officially registered:
- Completed Student Enrollment packet (located under Important Forms (see #7).
- Student’s birth certificate or valid passport
- Current record of immunizations signed by a physician
- Evidence of child’s most recent physical exam, an eye exam and lead screening date and results
- Proof of residency (see below)
Acceptable proofs of residency are:
- A copy of a real estate tax bill or sewer rental bill
- A copy of a fully executed (signed) lease or rental agreement
- A current utility bill (electric, water, gas, oil, sewer)
- Closing Disclosure (if new home just recently purchased)
- If in the process of purchasing a new home - a copy of a signed Purchase and Sales Agreement will be accepted if it is within 30 days of closing. *Once closing has occurred, a copy of the closing disclosure will need to be provided within 5-7 business days.*
*Children are eligible to enter Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year if they have attained or will have attained five years of age on or before September 1st, 2020.*
Except for medical or religious reasons, State Law requires that students must be properly immunized before they can attend school.
Change of address:
As soon as you know you will be moving, please provide Student Enrollment with your new address information, the names of each student and each family member affected, and proof of residency for your new address.
If you are moving within the East Greenwich School District borders, you must provide proof of residency (as you did when your child was initially enrolled). It must be done each time you change your address. Please see above for examples of acceptable proof of residency.
Please note that your student's address, school, or bus transportation cannot be changed until this documentation is provided.
If you are moving OUT of the East Greenwich School District, please contact your child’s school building(s) directly for withdrawal information.
Will my student change schools?
Assignment rules vary, depending on the student's grade, when you move and where your new home is located.
East Greenwich Public Schools, 125 Main Street, East Greenwich, RI 02818
Mailing address: 111 Peirce Street, East Greenwich, RI 02818