The article below was run in this week's The East Greenwich Pendulum:
Earlier this month, 340 Cole Middle School students (over half the school) came back through the doors for the second annual Cole-Ahhhhh-Paloozah "Fun"draiser. It was a good, old-fashioned, tech-free night of pure fun and games. The Cole PTG, along with 40 parent volunteers and staff, raised almost $6,000. Over 30 generous community sponsors donated over $2,500 in cash and raffle prizes. Red Sox tickets, an Echo Dot, a Hasbro Drop Mix Gaming System, a Party for 6 at the Riddle Room, Launch Trampoline Park passes, Dick's Sporting Goods Gift Certificates were some of the top prizes! A separate Staff Raffle Basket was chock full of local gift cards to restaurants and businesses.
A Hoop Shoot Contest, Cupcake Walk, Dodgeball Tournament led by Officer Bert, a 15'x15' inflatable Twister game, a Photo Booth and Movie Room rounded out the evening's offerings. Back by popular demand was DJ Stephan Toljan who was the MC for the night. "There was something for everyone" said Nan Shea, PTG President and Event Chair. "We were thrilled with the amount of money raised, but even more excited about how much fun the kids had, and the priceless memories made at this annual event!" Cole-Ahhhhh-Paloozah will continue to be a tradition at Cole Middle School for many years to come per Principal Alexis Meyer.
On behalf of the PTG Board, thank you again for your continued support of the PTG and the Cole Middle School students! All the best in the New Year!
Nan Shea, PTG President
Cole PTG Year In Review
Happy New Year from the Cole PTG Board!
In case you are still looking for non-profit donation write- offs for 2017…it’s not too late!!! Join the Cole PTG! Below is our Top Ten List of PTG sponsored events and activities so far this year:
- Collected over $8,000 in family donations this year
- Created Teacher Welcome Back-to-School Baskets for the Staff Restrooms
- Hosted a Back to School Luncheon for the Faculty & Staff catered by Wild Harvest Bakery & Café
- Introduced the First Annual Ice Cream Social & Scavenger Hunt for the 6th Grade Open House
- Sponsored the 7th & 8th Grade Dance with DJ Stephan & a Photo Booth by Yours Truly
- Held the 2nd Annual Cole-Ahhhhh-Paloozah “Fun”draiser generating close to $6000 in profit and $1,500 in raffle prizes
- Raised over $1,000 from Stop & Shop and Boxtops Programs
- Organized the Annual Holiday Cookie Extravaganza for the Faculty & Staff
- Distributed $1,200 in teacher grants to date with another $3,600 to allocate balance of year
- Implemented a PTG website , Konstella to provide a private parent communications tool to manage the school directory, school events, volunteer sign-ups, and PTG communications. Join the 350 families and 50 faculty members who have already registered.
It’s also not too late to register your student and family for Konstella using the following URL:
If you have already joined the PTG, thank you so much for your support! If not, we hope you will do so now. Please send your donation and the form below back to school with your child after the holiday break. Thanks so much and Happy New Year!!
CUT HERE ************************************************************************
$35 $70 $100
Other Amount: ____
Any amount is welcome & appreciated.
Make checks payable to “Cole PTG” & return to school in envelope marked “PTG Family Donation”. This donation is tax deductible.