Mr. Michael Podraza
Recent Emails to the EGHS Community
Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote on 11-5-2019. EGHS will certainly benefit from the litany of projects associated with the approved school bond.
As we wrap up the 1st quarter and begin the 2nd quarter, here are a few points of interest occurring in November for members of the EGHS community:
EGHS Q1 Report Cards
- Nov. 12th- First quarter digital report cards posted to ASPEN by the end of the day.
- Nov. 13th- Paper copies of first quarter report cards distributed to students during advisory. Additionally, Seniors will receive last year's results from State science testing and Freshmen will receive last year's RICAS results.
- November 11- No School (Veterans Day)
- November 13th- Assembly for Juniors during Advisory regarding PrepareRI Opportunities (Summer Internship, Advanced Coursework Network) and preparing for Senior Project
- November 15th- Airband in EGHS Auditorium 7 PM
- November 21st- Administration of student survey for use in EGHS Accreditation Self Study (NEASC) during advisory block
- November 21st and 22nd- EGHS Drama Presents- Cabaret!
- November 27- No School for Students, Professional Development Day
- Girls Volleyball D2 Qrts @ home 11/8 5:30 v TBD
- Football D2 Qrts @ home 11/8 7p v Middletown
- Thanksgiving Day Football home 11/28 10am v Chariho
- More Fall Playoff dates and all brackets can be found at riil.org
- Winter sport Online Registration (egsd.net,Athletics tab) will be open on Tuesday 11/12
- All Athletes interested in a Winter Sport must register online by Wednesday 11/27
- New automated sign-in procedure is now in place at the Main Office. Ths new process requires students have their Student ID badges. Should a student need a replacement ID please contact Mare Studios at 401-438-1555 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Currently EGHS is #1 ranked public high school in RI for attendance so far this year per RIDE data. Parents and Guardians are definitely calling in to excuse absences more frequently this year, which we greatly appreciate. However, old habits don’t disappear overnight so there is still room for improvement this year, so please be sure to call your student in for each day they are absent. Our thanks in advance.
- Be on the lookout for attendance related texts and email alerts from Dr. Heath
- Feel free to reach out if you have attendance questions or concerns regarding your student’s class/daily attendance
Useful Links/Food for Thought...
- Three Fears About Applying To College and How To Address Them by Thomas Golden. (Dr. Golden is an educational consultant and former university admissions officer.)
- Center for Parent and Teen Communication (Established in 2017, Center for Parent and Teen Communication is a multidisciplinary team based within the Division of Adolescent Medicine at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.)
- The Center on Media and Child Health (CMCH) at Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH) is an academic research center whose mission is to educate and empower children and those who care for them to create and consume media in ways that optimize children’s health and development.
Thank you to everyone in the EGHS community for helping us to have such a successful first quarter of the year. We look forward to a great second quarter and remainder of the 2019-20 school year.
Good afternoon. I would just like to say thank you to everyone at EGHS for a great start to this school year. From new student orientation on Monday night straight through to last period of the day today, I have observed and interacted with so many students and found them all to be outgoing, kind and insightful. In short, they have been true Avengers! Thank you to all of the students, faculty, staff, PTG volunteers, parents and guardians who made this year's start go so smoothly for so many.
A few links...
1. The EGHS website has been updated with a few important documents and links such as the student handbook, the summer mailing, program of studies, the new ASPEN login page, the bullying and harassment reporting form, and an updated slideshow of introducing many of this year's faculty, staff and administration. Please visit https://www.egsd.net/schools/east-greenwich-high-school to view any of the documents listed above.
2. A reminder that Chromebook loan agreements are needed from all students and can be turned into the main office. Also, Chromebook insurance from WorthAve group is voluntary but needs to be renewed annually. You can purchase insurance online via https://www.worthavegroup.com/portal/egsdri
3. Lastly please click here to view an important letter from Dr. Heath regarding policies, procedures and expectations about EGHS student attendance.
Thank you all for your support of East Greenwich High School. Have a safe and fun long weekend.
Good afternoon Avengers! This email is to let you know that the summer mailing has been sent, but you don't have to wait for it to arrive in the mail. While the physical mailing should be arriving to the home address on file in ASPEN in the next few days, below you will find a pdf. file of this year's mailing.
In addition to the pdf file below you will also find links to some documents and resources to help support both you and the programs that support students at EGHS. Regardless of whether you use digital or printed copies, please be sure to fully read and fill out the contents of the summer mailing as it contains critical information and a few required actions necessary to begin the new school year on a positive note. Our thanks in advance for your help and cooperation.
Summer Mailing Documents That Can Be Viewed Digitally and Individually
- Welcome letter
- Chromebook Agreement Form SY 19-20 (Required for All Students)
- COA Flyer 19-20
- PTG Flyer 19-20
- Booster Club Flyer 19-20
Other Helpful Links for SY 19-20
- EGHS Major Events for SY 19-20
- ASPEN Log-in Main Page for EGPS
- EGHS Webpage on District Site
- EGHS Blog- EGHSSuccess
We look forward to seeing all of our students on the first day of school, Wednesday the 28th. Until then, have a wonderful remainder of your summer vacation.
Principal, East Greenwich High School