Mr. Michael Podraza
Recent Emails to the EGHS Community
Additional Parent and Guardian Responses Needed for Accreditation Survey- Thank you to everyone who took the EGHS/NEASC self-study survey during the first open window, however we need to increase our response rate to assist and fully equip our self-study teams with the data they need.
If you have not done so already, we are asking that you please complete 1 survey per family by Friday January 10th. This survey is specific to EGHS and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Parents and Guardians can access the survey by logging into their family ASPEN account.
Dear Members of the EGHS Community-
We’re proud to announce that we have been named to the College Board’s 10th Annual AP ® District Honor Roll for our efforts to expand access to AP coursework and improve student performance on AP Exams. This is the second consecutive year that East Greenwich High School has been awarded with this distinction.
My sincere gratitude goes out to all who make this recognition possible: to our teachers and staff for their exemplary pedagogy, to our parents and guardians for their unwavering support of EGHS, and most importantly to our students for all of their efforts to take their learning to new heights. Thank you and congratulations!
For a full overview of the criteria and listing of this year's recipients go to- https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/about-ap/awards/district-honor-roll
Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote on 11-5-2019. EGHS will certainly benefit from the litany of projects associated with the approved school bond.
As we wrap up the 1st quarter and begin the 2nd quarter, here are a few points of interest occurring in November for members of the EGHS community:
EGHS Q1 Report Cards
- Nov. 12th- First quarter digital report cards posted to ASPEN by the end of the day.
- Nov. 13th- Paper copies of first quarter report cards distributed to students during advisory. Additionally, Seniors will receive last year's results from State science testing and Freshmen will receive last year's RICAS results.
- November 11- No School (Veterans Day)
- November 13th- Assembly for Juniors during Advisory regarding PrepareRI Opportunities (Summer Internship, Advanced Coursework Network) and preparing for Senior Project
- November 15th- Airband in EGHS Auditorium 7 PM
- November 21st- Administration of student survey for use in EGHS Accreditation Self Study (NEASC) during advisory block
- November 21st and 22nd- EGHS Drama Presents- Cabaret!
- November 27- No School for Students, Professional Development Day
- Girls Volleyball D2 Qrts @ home 11/8 5:30 v TBD
- Football D2 Qrts @ home 11/8 7p v Middletown
- Thanksgiving Day Football home 11/28 10am v Chariho
- More Fall Playoff dates and all brackets can be found at riil.org
- Winter sport Online Registration (egsd.net,Athletics tab) will be open on Tuesday 11/12
- All Athletes interested in a Winter Sport must register online by Wednesday 11/27
- New automated sign-in procedure is now in place at the Main Office. Ths new process requires students have their Student ID badges. Should a student need a replacement ID please contact Mare Studios at 401-438-1555 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Currently EGHS is #1 ranked public high school in RI for attendance so far this year per RIDE data. Parents and Guardians are definitely calling in to excuse absences more frequently this year, which we greatly appreciate. However, old habits don’t disappear overnight so there is still room for improvement this year, so please be sure to call your student in for each day they are absent. Our thanks in advance.
- Be on the lookout for attendance related texts and email alerts from Dr. Heath
- Feel free to reach out if you have attendance questions or concerns regarding your student’s class/daily attendance
Useful Links/Food for Thought...
- Three Fears About Applying To College and How To Address Them by Thomas Golden. (Dr. Golden is an educational consultant and former university admissions officer.)
- Center for Parent and Teen Communication (Established in 2017, Center for Parent and Teen Communication is a multidisciplinary team based within the Division of Adolescent Medicine at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.)
- The Center on Media and Child Health (CMCH) at Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH) is an academic research center whose mission is to educate and empower children and those who care for them to create and consume media in ways that optimize children’s health and development.
Thank you to everyone in the EGHS community for helping us to have such a successful first quarter of the year. We look forward to a great second quarter and remainder of the 2019-20 school year.